Unlike signs or banners, a rack card is intended to be picked up and taken and referred back to later. Just the way your business card creates a first impression, a well designed and printed rack card can do the same, and appeal to the customers who are actively looking for your product or services.
What is a Rack Card?
Consider the time you spend in line at the grocery store…what are you doing while you’re edging closer to the check-out clerk? Whether or not you buy them, magazines are placed there for a reason….people look at them! Rack cards are the same idea, strategically placed at locations where people are standing in line to complete a transaction or get information.
A rack card is one of those rectangular (typically 3.5″ x 8.5″) cards with information you find in hospitality locations such as hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants, attractions etc. They can also be used in a number of other locations as well! Restaurants, convenience stores or other high traffic areas are ideal, but local dry cleaners, even doctor or dentist offices are all locations where your potential market can find you. Rack cards can also fit into a standard #10 envelope for mailing.
Designing a Rack Card
A rack card is simple, designed to grab the attention of potential customer, and share information with them in a concise manner. There are two sides to the card, so how to choose what to include? A few things to remember when thinking about the design:
- Planning the look of a rack card begins with the paper. They can be printed on standard uncoated stock, have a gloss or matte finish.
- Bold color, an engaging photo or attention-getting headline will help you stand out from the rest. The top half of the rack card is what will be visible to browsers, so use this for something eye-catching.
- What to include in your message? Be clear, concise and direct your message to the specific type of customer or client that will see your card in that location. Your most important call to action (Call today, Visit, Seasonal Special, etc.), contact information, a map to your location, a menu special, etc. Share the features and benefits of your product or service. Use bullets and short descriptions…less is more. We can help you with compelling content!
- Be sure to maintain your brand using your colors, logo, tag line, etc.
Rack Card Distribution
- Supply these to local businesses and locations relevant to your target market
- Provide them to businesses that are complementary to yours (i.e. if your repair pianos, visit your local music and instrument shops!)
- Pass them out at events: conferences or expos, concerts, events, etc.
At M & M Digital Printing , we can help you design a rack card that will get results for your business! Call (518) 793-5168 today, or get a free estimate online!